Monday, January 4, 2016

Mukoubuchi Chapter 6

A new chapter of Mukoubuchi is now up! In this chapter, Kai finds himself playing with unusual rules where you can pass on your dealer turn from whatever position you want! How will he react to these new rules?

Thanks to Penchan for the cleans and to Tambur for the typesetting!

Chapter Link

"I have no need for others. Because I... am a 'Mukoubuchi'."


First of all, since I mentioned it in the chapter itself, here's the song that Motoi was singing this chapter, called "Miya-san, Miya-san":

Maybe I didn't really need to include the note describing it, but eh, I thought it was cool and I was able to find the original song just by searching for the lyrics he was singing. You should be able to hear the Tokotonnn yare tonnn yare na part.

Anyway, I really liked this chapter, the fact that Kai executed such a simple and yet elegant abuse of the rules was really cool. I wasn't aware that you couldn't pass on your dealer turn if you wanted to anyway; I suppose this kind of thing is why you can't. This tactic probably wouldn't work in an east-south game, since it's entirely possible that the other 3 players will win and leave you in 4th place with so many rounds. But since it's an east-only game, Kai was able to get a tiny lead and then just wait out the rest of the game in order to take 2nd. Certainly an interesting tactic, and him saying that he wouldn't join up with anyone because he was a Mukoubuchi was equally cool. We're still just getting warmed up, though!

4 comments:

  1. Not sure I understood that correctly, but it sounded like he also "conserved his luck" by only winning garbage for 10 games, and the spent all that luck in the next 10 games to win them all. The usual occult stuff.

    And for a word that means both "criminal" and "lone", how about "Rogue Gambler"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty much, yeah. Mukoubuchi deals with a lot of digital strategies, but a lot of occult ones too.

      And I hadn't even thought of rogue! That's a great idea, thanks!

      Delete
  2. I remember reading somewhere the meaning of Mukoubuchi explained as "not tied to anything and not belonging to anything", but your explanation makes more sense. I also like the term "rogue gambler".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great chapter as always, thanks for the effort!

    ReplyDelete