Thursday, July 23, 2015

A revival of MahjongKrazy/Tetsuya, after a few years of nothing.

Good evening, you damn punks.
In case you haven't noticed already, I started updating Tetsuya about 3 weeks ago, since Skutieos dissapeared without a trace after winning a deadly match of Mahjong against the Long Dong Zaibatsu's rep player, Juan.

I started translating from where Skutieos left off, volume three, chapter 15, and I've done up to chapter 21.



Translating from Japanese to English was kinda tough, especially since neither are my main languages. I felt like sometimes the dialogue came off as a bit stiff because of that, I hope that's not the case. This is the first thing I've ever translated, so give me your thoughts about the chapters, be it good or bad.

Remember to check the MahjongKrazy blog every once in a while, or follow Tetsuya on Batoto, I'll be posting chapters whenever I can get a few done.

You can also join MahjongKrazy, if you feel like helping us out in some way. Right now I could use some redrawers more than anything else.

I'll talk about the chapters for a bit down here, so read them first if you don't wanna get spoiled.






First off, the conclusion to the Best of Shinjuku arc. The first thing you'll notice if you watched the anime is that there's no "Shinjuku vs Asia" arc, where Boshuu and Tetsuya play against some dudes from china. (That's episodes 5 and 6, in case you wanna watch that.)

I was pretty depressed about the way Boshuu left, it was way too sudden. But then again, if the manga was about Tetsuya and Boshuu just getting infinite money forever it wouldn't be very good.
There's a small scene that's not in the anime, where a short-tempered balding man tries to get Tetsuya to be his partner, promising easy money, but Tetsuya rejects him out of loyalty for Boshuu.
I decided to leave Tetsuya's gambler name, Bouya Tetsu, as Kid Tetsu, just because it sounds cooler.




Then, there's the Shinigami Arc.
In this arc, Tetsuya's sidekick, Danchi is introduced. This dude got two chuurens in one night, fuck I'd want him as my partner, he's the best. Two chuurens, man.

Tetsuya meets up with an old friend, Innami, who now does meth and can see through tiles. Yeah.
Anyways, crystal meth has been an issue in Japan for years. And with Innami's already weak body, this can't end well for him. It's gotta suck for Tetsuya too, having to see someone he respected go to the lowest points possible just to get his drug money.
And so, Tetsuya teams up with Danchi and challenges Innami, with a plan to block his ganpai.

Next release, the battle between Kid Tetsu and the Shinigami takes an unexpected turn, as Innami figures out a way to counter Tetsuya's counter, getting into some real Hajime no Ippo tiers of counter-counter shit. See you then.

No comments:

Post a Comment