Monday, October 19, 2015

Mukoubuchi Chapter 1

Hey everyone! The winner of the FKMTkrazy mahjong tournament, Ricu, chose to let me translate Mukoubuchi, one of my favorite mahjong manga ever! I said I'd only translate one volume of it, but I feel like I'll probably have to do at least 2 volumes since it does get off to a bit of a slow start. This chapter only has a hint of the craziness that's yet to come!

Thanks to Penchan for the cleans and to Tambur for typesetting.

Chapter Link

"Terribly Sorry. I've drawn it."


So yeah, I adore this manga and I hope that my translations will do it justice. This chapter, we meet Mizuhara, an up-and-coming mahjong pro, and Yasunaga, his superior. Through something of a fluke, Mizuhara gets out of paying Yasunaga for a Dealer Baiman that he thoughtlessly dealt into. He wins the tournament, but is that really okay? Is this the kind of victory he wanted, a victory that proved nothing about his true ability? While thinking that, Mizuhara wakes up in a mahjong parlor where he watches a mysterious man named Kai, who plays in a way he can't comprehend.

I don't want to say too much in fear that I might spoil something, but I'll just say that this is far from the last time we will be seeing Kai and his crazy play style.

3 comments:

  1. Great opening chapter and great job done by all! Looking forward to chapter 2.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked how the turment ended up with, but I really don't want to see another rival who has crazy hair and OP drawing skill, even though I could see how he waited for that chun.

    ReplyDelete