Saturday, November 14, 2015

Naki no Ryuu Chapter 9

After a slight delay, it's time to start volume 2 of The Crying Dragon. Unfortunately, we will not be releasing a chapter next week, as it's exam season and Penchan is currently very busy. If I get the time I might fill in the gap with something else, though don't count on it.

Thanks to Penchan for the cleans, typesetting, and redrawing of digital photographs. There's a fair number of them in this chapter, so I definitely appreciate the good work he does.

Also special thanks to Celysus for inspiring me to translate this. I'm gonna remind you guys every volume because it's important to me.

Download 



Kumbhira (known as Kubira  in Japan) is the leader of the 12 Heavenly Generals. It is associated with the rat. Kumbhira is also considered a god in Shinto mythology, where it is known as Kompira.

Something that I forgot to mention is that the 12 Heavenly Generals are also seen in some popular Japanese media. Particularly, they are seen in the Digimon Tamers series (along with the Four Symbols featured previously), where they are known as the Devas. They are also featured in the Megami Tensei series, particularly the Japan-exclusive Shin Megami Tensei II.


Anyways, as you can see, this is the beginning of a new arc involving Ishikawa. I believe that it is the longest story arc in Naki no Ryuu, and since I haven't read ahead, I'll be just as excited to see what comes up as you guys are.

2 comments:

  1. thank you guys again for great work and good luck in your exam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always appreciated! Thanks and good luck Penchan!

    ReplyDelete