Saturday, July 9, 2016

Naki no Ryuu Chapter 21

We're back! And also apparently I lied way back in the post for the first chapter, because there's a very brief sex scene in this chapter. Old mahjong gekiga always featured that business, so I shouldn't be surprised, I guess.

Props to based Penchan for doing the cleaning and typesetting superfast after I procrastinated on translating even after he came back, haha.

Download


So we're onto a new arc, and with it comes a new theme for the chapter titles. This time, all the chapters are named after traditional Japanese colors. Don't ask me why that is, but I figured I would just leave all the colors untranslated to keep with the whole mysterious vibe the chapters have had. Also some of the colors sound really clunky in English, we'll get to some of them soon.

Anyways, the first color we have is Shikkoku (spelled 漆黒 in Japanese). It simply means "jet black." A simple color for a fairly humble start to the new arc after all the crazy drama last chapter, but things will pick up.

Most of this chapter is focused on gang politics rather than mahjong, but it's still interesting nonetheless. My favorite part is probably the fact that the bald dude wasn't even mad that he lost, just overwhelmed.

The next chapter will end volume 3, and the arc really picks up in volume 4. But before we start volume 4, I'm going to try to sneak in another chapter of Kita no Shishi. I didn't mention it earlier, but it's just a collection of oneshots, so I can do new chapters as intermittently as I want to. That being said, there's even more oneshots at the end of the last volume of Ryuu, so I want to finish Kita no Shishi before then so we don't get a flood of oneshots. Anyhow, now that we're back you can expect more of both series in the near future.

4 comments:

  1. thank you for another wonderful release of Naki no Ryuu!! ^_^
    keep up the amazing work~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to more Naki no Ryu and Kita no Shishi :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. "you can expect more of both series in the near future"

    You guys are the best! I'm so happy you're back and damn Pen-chan is professional af.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete