Friday, April 24, 2020

Mukoubuchi Chapter 21

Sorry to keep you waiting! Here's the next chapter of Mukoubuchi, where we finish up the Imitation arc! I haven't dropped this series, I still love it but since I'm a Christian now the idea of translating something where the main character is a "demon in human form" doesn't really sit right with me any more. I was thinking I wouldn't do it any more, but thinking about it that was just my translation of "Oni" in the first place. Kai is a "Hito-Oni" in the original, a "Man-Oni", and since Oni are mythological creatures from Japan that aren't really equivalent to demons, if I just call him an "Oni in human form" from this point forward I think I'll still feel ok with doing the series. I still might drop it once I reach the end of the arc that I really want you guys to see, but until then you can expect releases eventually, it is still a lot of work but I'll put in the time for the love of the series.

Chapter Link
"Th... that's scary! High stakes are scary!!"


It was pretty badass how Yasunaga completely turned Oda's cheating around against him by intuiting his signals and making use of the tiles he knew Satou would feed him. And it was crazy that Kai trapped Oda with that closed Junchan Ryanpeikou, he had to discard the 6-sou and 8-sou that early, knowing the final shape of his hand and that Oda would completely fall for the 9-sou trap! These two are quite literally crude imitations of normal people, empty shells with no concept of what it's like to be a normal, well-adjusted human being. I hope you guys liked the chapter, it definitely took a lot out of me to get it finished!

2 comments:

  1. thank you thank you!!
    keep em comin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s rare to see Amajishi illustration shaded with watercolor in the first 3 pages. The aura background looks way nicer than usual.

    I love that Yasunaga’s character shine in this chapter! Discarding the 5-man when Oda was waiting from 3-6-9 was a brazen move. I didn’t realize it was the elusive ryanpeikou until I read your notes. I’m surprised Kai didn't get bored since Oda was an easy prey. Thank you very much, Sonickrazy!

    ReplyDelete