Saturday, March 16, 2019

Mukoubuchi Chapter 19

At long last, less than 4 months after the last chapter, we have arrived at the climactic FINALE of the Kannagi arc!! Kai just told Kannagi there was no value in winning on her 2-man, essentially belittling her and saying she has no right to compare herself to him! Can she prove him wrong in this final chapter, or will Kai prove how much better he is than even the baccarat dealer with a similar sense of flow to him?? Let's find out!

Chapter Link

"I shall most definitely double up and teach him his lesson!"

In the end, it seems not even Kannagi can hold a candle to the real demon in human form. She certainly was a fierce competitor though. Even though she never really did anything that seriously put Kai in danger of losing, she was able to make use of her ability to read the flow and make some pretty impressive plays. I think she was a very nice opponent for Kai, with just the right level of confidence to make it all the more epic when Kai completely wiped the floor with her, and show just how much of a monster Kai really is. I'd say Kannagi is probably the toughest opponent Kai has faced so far (at least without cheating), and I like that she was a competent player as well as being the first major female character in the series. But it's very clear from the events of this chapter that she really never stood a chance against Kai, and that it's going to take somebody light-years better than her to actually take down the wild beast. And trust me when I say, Kannagi will not be the toughest opponent Kai faces! There are going to be matches much closer down the line, and I can't wait to show them to you! Until next time, my fellow Kai fanatics!

3 comments:

  1. That's the dose of Kai badassery I needed, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I had been looking forward to more Mukoubuchi!

    ReplyDelete